The Frittata is such a versatile dish, you can eat it as part of a main meal or cut it up as a great snack at any time of the day.
You would be amazed at how many different ingredients you can add and as you can see from the photo, they look and taste delicious.
I use a combination of kale, onion, cherry tomatoes, olives and goats cheese again instead of using olive oil, I use coconut oil.
Another recipe which is easy to cook and the secret is popping the frittata into the oven using an ovenproof frying pan for the final 10 minutes which finishes it off perfectly.
- Heat the oil in a small frying ovenproof frying pan.
- Add garlic, onions, tomatoes, peppers, courgettes or any raw ingredient that you fancy.
- Whisk the eggs and add salt & pepper, add in some herbs or spices.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and cover the raw ingredients.
- Cook the lower portion of the frittata for 3-4 minutes.
- If you are adding goats cheese, this is the time to do it.
- Place the pan under a grill or in the oven and cook the top of the frittata
- To check it is cooked, insert a knife and if there is no runny egg remove and enjoy.
To serve 1 – 2 people you need to have the approximate quantities below:
3 large eggs
6 cherry tomatoes
1 garlic clove
1 small red onion
5 black olives
small handful of your desired fresh herbs
salt & pepper to taste
goats cheese sliced into thin, square slices
olive oil/coconut oil for cooking